A Guide to Hide, Pin, and Filter Chats in Microsoft Teams
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic situation worldwide, there are many people who are working from home, and because of this, sometimes it becomes quite challenging to collaborate with the teams. Clearly, this is a situation where everyone needs to use some sort of tool through which they can be able to collaborate with their teams. And thankfully, for this purpose, there are many options that you can choose from. In the past year, multiple video conferencing tools have been launched, including Zoom, Google Hangouts, Google Meet, and many others. Among all these tools, Microsoft Teams, launched by Microsoft, has now become quite popular video conferencing software that is used by millions of people all over the world. Microsoft Teams video conferencing software covers a lot of great features that provide you with the best experience.
Along with video calling, one can also use this tool for audio calls, instant messaging, and file sharing. Using Microsoft Teams is pretty easy and straightforward. The software even allows you to hide, pin and filter your chats. Do you know how to do so? Are you also one of the users of Microsoft Teams? Well, if you are its new user, then you might not know how to hide, pin and filter your chats within the software. And if you want to know the technique for this, you must go through this entire post.
Techniques to Hide, Pin, and Filter Chats in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a powerful platform that you can use for real-time chat and messaging. And if you use this app more often, then there are chances that you might lose any of your individual chats, also known as Direct Messages. But there is no need to be worried. You can quickly get control of your chats by hiding, pining, and filtering messages. And this way, you can keep your chats in an organized manner. For this, you will have to follow the proper method that we have mentioned here. The mentioned procedure covers some simple steps that you need to follow. So, without any further discussion, let’s get to the techniques.
Instructions to Hide, Pin, and Filter Chats in Microsoft Teams
Here are the steps that one must follow to hide, pin, and filter any chats in the Microsoft Teams. Please go through the below instructions to get started with the task:
· To organize your chats in Microsoft Teams, hiding the unimportant ones is the best option. To do so, firstly, you need to launch the Microsoft Teams software on your computer system, and then go to the “Chats” section. Look for the chats that you don’t want to see anymore, and then click on the three-dotted menu icon placed next to it. After clicking on the menu icon, select the option of “Hide” from the context menu. And now, the chat will get removed from the history. And whenever you start to chat with that person again, you will see it again on the list.
· If you want to access a hidden meeting chat, you will need to go to the meeting on your calendar. And from there, you can access that hidden meeting chat.
· And after hiding the chats that you don’t want to see anymore, you can then pin any important chat to the top of the chat panel. For this, you need to click the three-dotted icon placed next to the chat and then click the option of “Pin” from the menu. And now, the direct message will be added to a new pinned section that you can find at the top of the chat list.
· The chats that you have pinned will always appear in the “Pinned” section. And this way, you will be able to find them with much ease. And if there are multiple pinned chats, you can always drag and drop them to change the order within the section. You can’t do so in the main chat list.
· Now, if you wish to unpin a chat if it’s not a priority anymore, you can do so by clicking the corresponding three-dotted menu icon. And then select the option of “Unpin” from the menu that appears on your screen. The following chat will then get back to the main chat list.
· And next, if you want to filter any chats, you will need to click on the three horizontal lines that you can find at the top of the chat panel. And once you have clicked on the filter icon, you will see some options appearing on your computer screen. You can filter any chat by specifying the name or chat type. To filter a chat by name, you need to type the name in the “Filter by Name” textbox that you will find at the top of your screen.
· And now, you will see the chats and the meeting names on the screen that matches your filter criteria.
· You can also filter the chats by type by clicking on the three-dotted menu icon. Now, choose any of the options, namely, “Unread,” “Meetings,” and “Muted.” Choosing any of the options will bring back all of the chats, including the meeting chats, the chats that you haven’t read, and the muted chats. And once you are done with filtering the chats, go to the “X” button at the top-right corner of your screen and click on it to close the filter option. And that’s it.
So, this is how any Microsoft Teams users can hide, pin and filter chats within the software. If you are also a user of this great video conferencing tool, then try the procedure now. And in case of any issues, please get to our website.