A Windows Theme is a visual pattern that predefined the collection of wallpaper, icons, pointer, screensaver, sounds, or color styles that form the PC’s looks. Some Windows users report randomly receiving the ‘Windows cannot find one of the files in this theme’ error pop-up with no possible action that might have lead to this scenario. Most affected users report that they never attempted to save or changed a theme before the apparition of this error message. If you are also encountering the same problem, then here are some directions mentioned below.
Change the Theme
To change the theme, follow these on-screen steps given below:
1. To invoke the Settings, hold the Win, and I buttons simultaneously on the keyboard.
2. Afterward, select the Personalization option and click on the Themes option through the left side menu.
3. Go to the right panel and choose a theme.
4. In case you don’t like any of the appeared themes, then hit the “Get more themes in Microsoft Store” URL and select your desire one.
5. Finally, reboot your system.
Delete the Custom Screensaver
To delete the custom screensaver, follow these on-screen steps given below:
1. To invoke the Run accessory, press the Win and R buttons simultaneously on the keyboard.
2. Beneath the section of Lock Screen, move to the option of ‘Screen saver settings’ and select it.
3. Jump to the next window, mark the checkbox beneath the section of ‘Screen Saver,’ and hit the None option.
4. You should hit the Apply button on the lower side and click on the OK button.
5. Finally, reboot the system.
To disable syncing, follow these on-screen steps given below:
1. Go to the Windows icon and click on it to open the menu.
2. After that, select the Settings option.
3. You should click on the Accounts option once invokes the Settings application.
4. Then select the ‘Sync your settings’ option over the let panel.
5. Underneath the section of ‘Individual sync settings,’ switch the toggle to disable the syncing.
Use Background Picture
To use background picture, follow these on-screen steps given below:
1. To launch the Settings application, press the Win, and I buttons altogether over the keyboard.
2. Then reach the right panel and select the Background pull-down menu, then pick the Picture option.
3. You should click on the button Browse and pick your desired picture.
4. Now, hit the ‘Choose picture’ option.
Run System File Checker Scan
To system file checker scan, follow these on-screen steps given below:
1. To invoke the Search bar, hold the Win and S combination keys over the keyboard.
2. After that, input ‘cmd’ in it and hit the Enter button to open the Command Prompt.
3. Once it launches, right-click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
4. If you get UAC prompt, hit the Yes button.
5. Later, input “sfc /scannow” in it and press the Enter button.
6. Now, wait to complete the process and then reboot the system.
Run DISM Tool
To run the DISM tool, follow these on-screen steps given below:
1. Reach the Windows Search section and input ‘run’ into it.
2. Then hit the Enter button to invoke the Run accessory.
3. You should insert ‘cmd’ in it and hold the ‘Ctrl+Shift+Enter’ buttons altogether over the keyboard.
4. After that, hit the Yes button over the verification pop-up and input “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth” in the CMD screen.
5. Once again, press the Enter button and wait to finish the scan process.
6. Later, insert “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” in it and press the Enter button.
7. After finishing the process, reboot the system.