Skype is the most popular app for scheduling office and class meetings. It is mostly used by enterprises, businesses, and schools to make a network of all. Skype calling is the most prominent feature where you can make calls to people. What if you can’t make a call on Skype? We have curated some steps for you on how you can fix Skype not calling issues on Windows 10 and 11.
Skype not calling issue on Windows 10 and 11
People face Skype not calling issues on their device or smartphone. We have listed two types of people who commonly face these issues.
· People who can’t make a Skype call. This call doesn’t connect, or when they try to receive a Skype call, it hangs up.
· People who face inferior call quality. Sometimes, users are not able to listen to the voice, or it is fluctuating.
But, you can fix both the errors and make a Skype call.
You need to check your system for updates before going further and download if it is available. You should resolve the issue itself, but if you face the issue again, look at the solutions you find.
You should also check your Internet connection. For this, you can browse something on the web to check your internet status. You also need to check other devices. If the same device is not getting the Internet, the Skype calling issue will remain. You need to fix that issue. If you are also facing slow internet, troubleshoot it fast.
You can check the below steps if you are not able to make Skype calls on Windows 10.
· Check Skype Status
· Update Skype
· Enable Skype using Firewall
Now, check all the steps in detail.
Check Skype Status
Sometimes, you only need to show some patience and wait for someone to fix the issue from the Skype server. You only need to wait to resolve the issue if the Skype server is done. You can also go to support.skype.com to know the status. If the Skype site is down, you need to wait for it to be fixed soon.
If your Skype app on the system gets outdated, you will definitely face this error. So, it’s better to update the app if you have an outdated version. Just follow the below pointers.
· Open the Skype app on your system.
· Press Help > Check for Updates.
Note: If you can’t see the toolbar, press the Alt button.
Allow Skype using Firewall
A firewall can also stop you from making a Skype call with others. You should allow Skype through Firewall and check if the issue persists. Now, you need to follow the below methods.
· Search Windows Security from the start menu.
· Then, go to Firewall and network protection.
· Press the Allow an App through the firewall.
· Press the Change Settings and hit Skype.
· After that, choose the network type it can access.
· Now, press the OK button and close all the windows.
· Finally, check if the issue persists.
Skype call button not working issue
You can also get different kinds of Skype calling errors that users get when they press the Call button. It shows that it has been pressed, but nothing happens. So, you can reinstall the app to resolve the issue. You can also uninstall the app and then reinstall it on the system after downloading.
Fix Skype app not working
You can change Skype privacy settings, open Skype in Windows Clean Boot State, completely uninstall and reinstall Skype, and then Repair and Reset Skype.
Steps to Fix Skype Microphone and Mic not working issue
If you are facing issues with the audio and can’t hear voice during Skype meetings and calls. Open the Skype settings. Under Microphone and Speakers, check that you have selected the Microsoft LifeChat headset.
Check your Microphone
· If Mic is not working properly after updating on Windows 10, then it is turned off.
· Go to the Windows Settings by pressing Win + I and press the Privacy tab.
· Choose the Microphone from your left panel, and you need to turn it on.
· Also, choose the apps that you wish to use on the Mic.
Outdated or Broken Driver
Outdated or broken drivers are the most popular reason for any malfunctioning system. If the drivers are outdated or broken, your Mic won’t work properly. So, you need to install or update the driver.
· Now, Run Device Manager and go to video, sound, and game controllers.
· Press on it and choose Realtek High Definition Audio.
· Now, click double, and you can see a pop-up window with driver settings and program properties.
· Finally, go to the Driver tab, and press the Update Driver.
Adjust the Microphone Setting
You need to go to the audio icon from your taskbar, click right on it, and choose recording devices.
· Now, choose Mic and hit Open the properties.
· Now, you can easily adjust levels and adjustments like Echo Cancellation, Noise Cancellation, DC Offset Cancellation, and more.
· After that, you need to disable all the sound effects that fix the Mic issues.
· Finally, disable the checkbox. Allow apps to take exclusive control of this device under the Advanced tab.
Restart Windows Audio Service
Windows Audio Service can be the reason for now working Skype mic and audio on Windows 10. You can easily fix this issue following the below pointers.
· Open Run Command and enter services.msc.
· Now, you can see the entire list of Windows services on the system.
· Finally, choose Windows Audio, and click right and then choose Restart.
Conclusion Nowadays, Skype has become the most common and popular video calling and chatting messaging service. Many businesses, enterprises, and schools are scheduling meetings on Skype to run their business. But, sometimes, users aren’t able to make Skype calls to people. It can happen when they don’t have inferior call quality. But, you can easily resolve Skype not-calling issue on Windows 10 and 11.